Started off the morning with the shower that Chris' work threw us! It was so nice of them and yet again, we are overwhelmed by how blessed we are to have such generous people in our lives.
Next, we had our non-stress test. The babies passed with flying colors! After that was our sonogram to check for growth. The babies had not grown at all since our last scan 2 1/2 weeks ago. This is completely normal, as they've just run out of room to grow. Sooooooo they will be taking the babies via c-section sometime within the next 10 days.!!! While I've known since day one that this would happen, I've been doing so great that I assumed I still had a few weeks left until it did, so needless to say, I did panic a bit. The doctor assured us that I'm still doing great and there is no cause for concern. They are still developing, they are just out of room to grow. We've had over achievers the whole time and they've averaged out, but they are not going to get anything else from me nutritionally, so the time has come! I have been telling Chris for the past week that I thought they were out of room because of they way they are moving. I can just tell that they aren't able to make the movements they want. Sometimes they will even move halfway to where they want to be, stop and go back several times. Poor kids!
I'll be 33 weeks Wednesday and they still want me to get to 34, but not past, so we'll know the date for sure by the end of the week.
I'm super excited and ready to hold them, but I'm very anxious about having preemies and having to leave them in the NICU. I know it's the best place for them, but I just don't want to go home without them, so I'm super emotional about this. I'll be doing lots of mental preparation over the next week. After my appointment we took a tour of the NICU. It is very bright and cheerful and I know it'll be a great place for them.
So, that's the update!
Please keep us in your prayers that the babies stay healthy and we have an uneventful delivery. We will let you all know when we know the date for sure.
We hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving. We have so much to be grateful for this year.
XOXOXO
Final Post and Goodbye
13 years ago


2 comments:
Connie - You have done AWESOME! I am so impressed that you've made it this long. I know a NICU stay isn't ideal, but I bet they won't be there long since you've made it this long. Good luck with the delivery... I'll be thinking of and praying for you, Chris and the babies!
Hi Connie! I will definitely be praying for your family as you reach the big day! I know how you feel about leaving your babies in the NICU at your hospital, but you will have the strength to make it through and you will look back on it once you are all home together like it was just a blink of an eye!
Post a Comment