Thursday, November 18, 2010

32 Weeks and counting...

31 Weeks
Hi all,
I don't have a super exciting update this time, other than the fact that we've made it to 32 weeks, which is a MAJOR milestone in a triplet pregnancy!!!  I am just amazed that they're still in there!  The past two weeks we have been doing non-stress tests twice a week.  I'm getting to be pretty good friends with Julie and Patty, the nurses that do the tests!  The babies have passed each one and seem to be doing well!  Today Max was sleeping, so they had to wake him up with a sound stimulator.  They just put this little bull-horn looking thing up to my belly and made it sound and he woke up!  Weird, huh?The girl's weren't really fans of this.  They started going crazy when they did it!

I did meet with the doctor today.  They're still thinking 34 or 35 weeks, which is just TWO MORE WEEKS away!!!!  My bags are packed and I'm physically ready to go.  Not quite ready to go mentally though. I just want to keep them in there as long as I can to get them good and healthy!  She did say today that developmentally 32 week babies are pretty much the same as 34 and 36 later on with learning and other developmental factors, which is great news.  If they were born tonight, they would be fine!  The fact that I've made it this far is amazing and each day from here on out is just in the dr's words "gravy!"

Baby Land
We've been getting everything in the house ready over the past couple of weeks. As you can tell from the picture the Lucas household has turned into Babies R Us.  Which is ironic because when we were struggling to get pregnant and I'd have to go to Babies R Us for gifts, Chris would refer to it as Babies Aren't Us!!! We(AKA Chris) just have one more swing and bouncy seat to put together and we're good to go!


Aunt Sissy painting girl's room
The nurseries are pretty much done, we're just waiting on our wall letters and some thing I really can't explain (because I can't picture what she is talking about)that Christina is making to go on the tree.  I promise, I will post pics as soon as they're complete, but here she is painting a tree on the wall in the girl's room.  Too cute!

I've been struggling a lot lately.  I can barely move the babies are so big. I'm pretty much down all day now because any time I get up I get a Braxton Hicks contraction and during my non-stress tests I'm getting contractions every 5 or so minutes.  I can never feel those though.  They said it's normal for my uterus to be irritable at this point.  I did get my first real contraction the other day and had one since.  Not really interested in going into labor own!  That was awful!

Mia's bottom sticking up!
I'll do my next  growth scan to see how big they are, but today she said she'd guess 4.5-5 pounds!!!  I can't wait to see how big they are on Monday!  While I will not reveal my weight, I have gained a whopping 53 pounds!!!  So I'm basically the size of a house!  I'm measuring 44 weeks pregnant!!!  My stomach is pretty much lop-sided now too.  Mia always has her butt sticking straight up, so it's really funny looking.  You can see it sticking up in the picture!

They are just constantly moving.  We play music for them a lot at night and they just start going crazy.  Pretty sure the girls will be dancers, just like their mama ( my friends will know how humorous this is).

We hope you are all doing great!  I am counting down days to Thanksgiving!  I have pretty much lived to be pregnant on Thanksgiving and I'm going to do some serious damage!   Please keep praying for the babies and that we make it 2 more weeks! I know that your prayers are why we've made it this far!  My goal is 3, but I don't want to be too greedy.

I will give a quick update when I know how big the babies are on Monday.
XOXOXO

4 comments:

Denniele said...

What an amazing journey you two have been on. Molly, Mia and Max have no idea how much love will be surrounding them when they arrive.....and lets pray that they keep wondering for a few more weeks.

Unknown said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOER SHARING YOU WONDERFUL & AMAZING JOURNEY WITH ALL OF US, IT JUST SHOWS HOW SWEET & GENEROUS YOU ARE , & THE TWO OF YOU DESERVE THIS .
YOU ARE IN OUR PRAYERS ALWAYS

Laura hyer said...

Connie, that is soooo exciting. You look amazing. And...I know, I gained 59 pounds with just one baby!!!! So, you are awesome :) I can't wait to see the rooms and have another update. Heres to 3 more weeks!

Stoop'n said...

First of all you are not at big as a house - you look fantastic!!! Praying for 3 more weeks and look forward to more updates!!! Thanks for sharing!
Love Katie