It's a Girl!!! It's a Girl!!!It's a Boy!!! We could not be more excited to announce that we are having 2 girls and a boy! I've always wanted more than one girl because I think girls need sisters and Chris gets his little athlete, assuming he gets absolutely none of his coordination and athletic abilities from me, of course! We are already overjoyed to be having 3 and to get the best of both worlds is just the cherry on top!!! (I will post the recent sonogram pics soon).
I went in for my 16 week scan last Wednesday and have been meaning to post since then, but came down with an AWFUL stomach bug that night that EVERY SINGLE member of my family has gotten along with a friend who came in town over the weekend (sorry Nehley). I hope nobody else gets it, it's horrible.
So in the midst of trying to register (can't even tell you how hard it is to register for 3, I got overwhelmed and we had to leave) and starting to plan for babies, I was also planning a Surprise 30th Birthday party for my baby's daddy and I came down with the flu!!! THANK GOD for my sisters, who got all of the decor and cupcakes and went early to decorate for me along with my Mother-in-Law, otherwise the party would not have happened. I did have to leave early because I wasn't feeling well though :(Here are a couple of pics from the party!
Okay, so back to the appointment. We went in last Wednesday and found out the genders of all 3 babies. They were not shy at all(I'm going to have to have a talk with the girls about this when they're here)so we got to see all 3!!! They also did a full scan, which means that they measured literally every part and organ you can think of. Everything was perfect! They were fun to watch again. Moving all around, starting to fight for room. Baby boy was all stretched out though, since he's on his own! They are all laying on Baby girl A so she will be the smallest. Their stats were as follows:
A:16 weeks 1 day, 6 oz, 155 BPM
B:16 weeks 1 day, 6 oz, 153 BPM C:16 weeks 4 days,7 oz, 155 BPM . He's our over achiever!
So from here on out, I will go in every 2 weeks. At each appointment I will get scanned, they'll measure the babies to make sure they're growing and check the twins for twin to twin transfusion. This is something they check identical twins for to make sure they aren't fighting for nutrients because they share a placenta. The dr. said all signs point to them not having this for now and if I make it to 24 weeks withouth anything popping up, that's a major hurdle. I have no doubt that they'll continue to be healthy!!! At the 4th week appointments they will do a full scan to measure all parts and make sure everything is still going smoothly.
He was also very excited about the progress I'm making and measured my cervix to make sure it was thick enough to hold the babies. With my measurements and how well I've been doing, he seemed to think I may not go on bedrest as soon as they originally thought, so that's exciting!!!
I had gained 17 pounds at my appointment. I was packing on 3 lbs a week for the past few weeks, which the dr. told me to pump the breaks on!!! Then, I got the flu and lost 6 so I'm back up for a grand total of 13 pounds so far! I've been feeling great. Just trying to get everything done now!
Now that we know what they are the name games (or fights) have begun. We will name one of the girls Mollie Jo, after Chris' mom and my Dad. That is the only name we're set on and middle names aren't even a topic of discussion yet. We have several girl names that we like, but can't decide on, and Baby Boy may just go by Boy because that's been a major struggle. I thought it would be fun to post a ,so vote for your favorite names!!! It's on the top right. Chris will be mad that I included Isobel because his best friend's daughter's name is Isabella,so he says that is not an option but I like it so I'm including it!!! I did like the idea of having 3 M's, but couldn't come up with any combination we really liked, so we are taking suggestions too!!!
I will post again after my next appointment. Thank you all for the continued well wihses and prayers, we know they're working and are so thankful for all of your support! xoxoxo
Final Post and Goodbye
13 years ago


8 comments:
I love Isobel!
YA!!! Congratulations!
So excited for you! Glad they are all doing great!
Congrats on the babies! Twin girls and a boy will be so much fun! I would recommend not naming one Olivia. I have discovered now that I have an Olivia that it seems like every other girl is named Olivia. Not fun at the playground or mall when you are calling your kids name out and several kids turn around. I love the name though, just wish it wasn't quite so popular. I think Isobel and Lola are very cute names!
Yay... congrats! I voted for Lola and Samuel, but 3 Ms would be cute too if you can can think of other names! Boy M names are hard... maybe Mason, Milo, Max, or Micah? There are so many girl M names that I can't even narrow them down! Good luck! :)
I voted for Lola and Samuel, but they are all cute! I can't imagine having to agree on 3 names at once!! I like the 3 M idea. I think Milly is an adorable name for a girl and Max is great for a little boy. Or you could pay homage to the Bachelor and go with Jake, Vienna and Ali=)
I'm jealous of you getting to name girls, I can't imagine trying to agree on the boy's name. It was easy for us, I named one and Mike named one!
The girl names I always loved were Nadia, Bridget and Maggie (short for Margaret). I'm sad I don't get to use them!
I'm just so excited for you!
Oh, and I voted for Lola and Benjamin. Love them!
Post a Comment