Tuesday, August 24, 2010

19 Weeks, 5 Days

We went to the doctor yesterday and had another full scan. Since we're going every 2weeks now, every other appointment is the full scan where they measure EVERYTHING!!! All of their measurements were within range and the girls are growing right on pace, so still sharing nutrients!!!
Here is Baby Girl A. She was was very cooperative during her scan, until the dr. tried to measure her femir (sp?),which took a good 15 minutes. Poor girl was struggling to stretch out at all because her and her sister were fighting for room. Literally fighting. They were even throwing some kicks and punches at one point. Growing up with 2 sisters lets me know that this isn't the last time this will happen! She measured 19 weeks 4 days and was 12 oz, so right where she should be. She is looking straight on in the picture and resting her little arm against her face!
Here is Baby Girl B. She was all over the place today,so the tech, Ann couldn't get any good pics of her. This picture shows her profile, but you really have to stare at it to see it. She measured 20 weeks and was also 12 oz. While the girls were fighting for room Ann said "just think about the fights they'll be having when they're 16!" I've been so busy planning for when they're here that I really hadn't given having 3 teenagers at the same time (especially GIRLS!!!) much thought. I'm not gonna lie, this kind of made me panic! When I was around 15 my mother told me, probably on a daily basis, that she wished I would have a girl just like me when I get older! At the time I would reply "thank you mom, me too!" I'm pretty sure it wasn't because of the angel that I was and more because of my smart mouth she back-handed so often! She got her wish x2!!!
Here is Baby Boy! Kind of blurry, but you can see the profile. He measured 19 weeks, 4 days as well and was also 12 oz. He was a little larger than the girls by grams though. He was all stretched out since he has all of the room in the world!!! He is right under my ribcage which is why I'm always hurting now, but I used an ice pack last night and that helps a ton! I can't believe how their little faces are starting to look like real babies rather than little aliens now! I can't wait to see what the baby Chris and I (or actually the embryologist at KUMed:) made looks like!!!
I'm already passed 1/2 way since I won't be going passed 37 weeks. It's amazing to me how fast time is flying. We haven't started buying much because my shower is coming up, so we need to figure out what all we need afterwards. I'm super excited, my mom and party-planning sisters are going to do an amazing job, I can't wait to see everything they've done!!!
Here I am at 19 weeks, 6 days. I feel like my belly is bigger each time I look down. One of my students told me that I don't look pregnant at all! I probably need to send her to the nurse to get her eyes checked now that I think of it, but the doctor said my uterus is already almost the size of a full-term!!! My face is starting to swell too!!! I've always heard that your face really spreads out (to put it nicely) when you have a girl because she's stealing your beauty...Can't wait to see what mine does with 2 girls!!! I've gained 22 pounds so far. At this point I should have gained 20-25, so perfect!
Names are still a struggle. I think we've settled on Mollie and Mia for sure and are looking for an M boy name. Chris likes Max and I like Michael. Maybe another poll will be coming soon...
I was recently thinking about where we were a year ago at this time and wanting a baby so badly. It is overwhelming to now look and think about how amazingly blessed we are today. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for the continued prayers and support. We appreciate all of you more than you'll know.
XOXOXO

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm still a fan of Amy, or Lauren, or Pitts.

Unknown said...

Femur??? And what are your thoughts on the name Christina!?

Amanda said...

You look so great, Connie!! I love all of your comments about the babies. My mom said the same thing to me every day when I was in high school. Now I have my act-alike girl, too! Man, I hope she doesn't talk back like I did to my mom!! Thanks for the update!